Saturday, February 28, 2009

Card Board Testimony

Have you ever heard of a cardboard testimony? No... yeah me either until last Sunday. But they are moving. At first I watched the testimonies of my church family and shared the saddness for families going through some of the things mentioned... and then I learned those were their actual testimonies. Talk about brave. GOD washes away our sorrow, trials, even sins, but the Grace he gives us to hold our heads up after forgiveness is more than amazing. I encourage you to check out a video of them on http://www.youtube.com/ Just type cardboard testimonies into the search box, and any number of them will come up.


Related, but off topic: I love music... Music has documented some major moments in my life. I have often wondered how many songs would fill the soundtrack to my life, but I know the first would be Amazing Grace... My Chains are Gone. Check out my best friend Heather sing it...



She turned 15 recently.... can you believe that voice... Her spirit is Amazing.. I wish you could meet her, but I'm reluctant to share her ;O)


I DARE you to not have goose bumps...


Lastly I would like to share my cardboard testimony with you:

And just in case you were worried that the Nugget wasn't playing an active role in the daily life.....


Lord tonight I am thankful for a testimony.. it means we are on first name basis.

For a baby girl who pulls all the toilet paper from the roll.

An almost 4 year old, who by only your will, makes my life richer by just being in it. You held her in your arms until you passed her to me, and I am eternally grateful.

For those quiet moments we shared, when I just didn't know what you had planned...

For that first moment you gave me with her.. and the not so quiet moments ever since.

For these moments now when my throat is thick with emotion, my heart full of remembrance, and my spirit humbled by your grace.

For the book... the one you wrote my name in almost 20 years ago...

If there be one who reads these words that doesn't know about that book, I pray they will find the courage to seek out your face.... to reach out in the darkness and find a friend who looks for light too... for we are all sinners saved by grace...

I would LoVe for You to Share Your CardBoard Testimonies. You can email them or leave them as a comment, and If you are comfortable with it I'll post them in a blog...

1 comment:

  1. OM GOSH !!! CHRISTINA!!! Me and Momma balled our eyes out @ Olivia's cardboard testimony!!!! And laughed our heads off at Addisons toiletry thieving!!! And I feel so special that You mentioned my name!! LOL!!

    We Still LOVE ya'll!!!

    ~!* Heather & The Rest*!~

    ReplyDelete