Friday, February 27, 2009

No More Tears Beyond the Gate

Thank you to any and all of you who offered up prayers for my aunt in the last blog. She passed on Wenesday, about the time I was posting. I received a card several years back in sympathy for the passing of my grandmother and I want to share it's message...


Someone new has entered
our eternal home above-
the heavenly gate has opened wide
to welcome one you love.
We cannot help the tears that fall-
our hearts need time to grieve
when earthly life has ended
and a loved one has to leave.

Yet even in the saddest time,
we know our Savior lives,
and we can trust completely
in the promise that He gives-
that in a glad reunion with the Lord
our loved one's wait
to welcome us in joy
with no more tears beyond the gate.

Thank you Lord for a place with no more tears beyond the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment