Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why Write a Blog?

You may have heard of this website called myspace.com. So, a girl that I went to high school with posted a bulletin asking prayer requests for a woman, whose blog she reads everyday. The blogger had a baby, but was at a serious risk of losing this precious baby girl, and I visited the blog to read up on the story. What I found was a blog that was changing lives. Readers of this blog were searching GOD's word to find why this woman, in the face of a very real tragedy, had such Faith and trust. As a Christian myself, I have often said, it is easier to help others through tragedy then to stand solid in the face of it. Kelly, however, was praising GOD through her storm, and leaning on the support of friends, family, and strangers to send prayers for her daughter. Not only did she receive those things, but people from all over the country reached out to her family in their time of need, and were inspired by her story.

So here I am. I am a 26 year old Stay-at-home mom of two girls: 3 1/2 years, and 9 months. I was pregnant 5 months into my marriage at 22 years old and, when my precious baby girl came home, my husband and I decided for me to stay at home mom. If you are a stay at home mom, you may relate, but at the time I didn't realize the decision I was making. After some time I started to feel like I had lost my identity, the person I was, before I was a mom, or wife, and need to get back there. I'd like to share my story, my faith, and hope that someone can relate.. that I can meet people on here sharing my struggle. I NEVER wanted to be a stay at home mom, but 1 husband, 2 children, and a bulldog later, THIS is my show, and I wouldn't trade a minute of it...

Here is my family... Our most recent photo from Christmas 2008




P.S. If you would like to read the blog mentioned above it's : http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/

1 comment:

  1. Being a stay at home is definitely the hardest job I've ever had. Some days I wouldn't trade it for the world, & other's I wanna hit the door running. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with the issues. I'm constantly beating myself up because I feel like I'm not being that "perfect mother" that I (& society) created in my head.

    ReplyDelete