Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The World Keeps Spinning...

And it's like they were never even here. I heard that on television once and it really hit home for me. I desire your prayers today. It has been an emotional couple of days around here.

I have an Aunt, whose is my Nanny's best friend. You met Nan... or if you didn't scroll down to the bottom of the ONEness post and you can meet here there. My Aunt has been literally heartbroken for months, since her husband of many years passed away. She has lost the will to fight in this world, because she's anxious to move to her next. I can't say I fully understand that, but in my heart I feel her. Her husband was her life, they did everything together, especially church, and she took care of him, as his health failed over the years. He was in essence, her life; now he is gone, and she longs to be with him. The decision was made to take her off of life support and today they are only giving her meds to make her comfortable. The rest lies in the hands of the LORD. I have been in a situation, not Once, but TWICE where it was said that a loved one wouldn't make it... he walked out both times, and is still healthy and living today.


But....


The prayer I desire is for GOD's will. I will miss her terribly, but do not wish to keep or discourage her from what GOD has in store. Only he decides when we leave this world, and no matter how much fight she has given up, he will do only his will. My nanny is heartbroken over the loss of her sister, but also the loss of her friend. There will be a void, but GOD will NeVeR leave or forsake us, and he will send a comforter now as he always does.


I recall 2 things from GOD's word that stick with me now....
2nd Samuel 12:10

"But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me".

I hope you got what was intended from that scripture, but if not let me explain. A really good friend and former pastor Keith (www.touchedbygraceministries.net) gave me this scripture when I was dealing with a personal loss. He explained that my pain was valid, and I was entitled to it, BUT even though I could not bring this person back, I could go where they were... eternal life.
John 3:16
"For GOD so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life".

We, the gentiles, were not GOD's chosen people, but by grace, more grace than is deserved he accepted us. His son gave his life that by his stripes we are healed, through his blood our sins are gone, and we are free. My heart breaks for a life leaving this world behind, but rejoices for what she stands to gain on the other side because our GOD is that good.



Lord, my prayers are with the Bailey family. May your grace and comfort build a hedge of protection around them. I also pray for your child who stands at your feet, somewhere between this world, and your glory. May she find peace, joy, relief of pain and suffering beyond those gates, and for those of us who wait to meet her there, a comfort in the fact that you paid a debt we are unable to repay, that we may spend eternity with you.



If you read this and you don't have the peace and assurance of an eternal life I pray something said here or around you gives you a push to explore those words. And if you just have questions please email me: livelysituation@yahoo.com I will not address your questions here or embarrass you in any way... I would just like to be an ear.


This world will keep spinning and it will seem like they weren't even here... lives go on, laughs are harder to remember, faces fuzzy around the edges from distance. But they were here... they left a legacy, and perhaps the most important legacy we leave isn't here... but in the Lambs Book of Life.


Proof that GOD keeps his promises...

No comments:

Post a Comment