Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Will Praise You While I Wait...

This has been true is many situations in my life and even so still. I often forget that when I ask the Lord for things that he doesn't always say yes, or give me an answer immediately. We, as a family, are anticipating many changes, but I'll Praise Him While I Wait.

No one has shared their stories... and as humbled as I am to admit it.. I miss being on the computer. I still don't have one, and are borrowing Mama J's at the moment. AND since I thanked those who left comments, NO ONE left anymore comments.... don't be afraid... share.. share.. No? Well that's ok too, I'll still keep writing to the grandparents who live 7 miles down the road and/or the ones who live on the other side of the country.


Us? Well we're anticipating the births of these babies finally. My brother's baby is scheduled to be delivered this week. I have given this great thought. They have asked me to be in the room, after much persuasion for me, and I am filled with more emotion that I thought possible. I am terribly excited and as equally terrified about not being a good aunt. I want desperately for these children to feel the way about, that I do about them. Either way GOD is good and I just want them to be healthy. Hopefully the next time I post I will post some pictures of my nephew.


And...


The niece is scheduled for delivery 2 weeks from my nephews... it's going to be a big couple of weeks. This will be twins sisters baby. There are not words to describe the emotion behind that front, so I'll just say that I am equally excited about her arrival.


Easter is coming up and of course we are on the hunt for matching dresses. I find it incredible that I LOVE dressing my girls alike and they are not twins, and hated it when my mom did it to my sister and me, when we are twins... but I have great hopes of matching dresses, swimsuits, etc. I hope that as you shop and find your eggs, bunnies, candy and beautiful dresses that the true reason behind Easter finds it way into your lives. He rose, and Lives so that we may live eternally with him. What a gift, for which I am very unworthy.


What are your Easter plans? Church? Big Easter Egg Hunt? If you don't have any we will have a Spring Fling on Sunday March 29th at Ola High School with food, egg hunts, games, etc. Either way I hope Spring Break and Easter find you with tons of love, and fine fellowship with your families.




* Last But Certainly Not Least*
Have you seen Fireproof? If not you really should. What a wonderful lesson: The Love Dare. We are so focused on "Us" that we often forget to give credit to GOD, and the rest falls by the wayside. I highly recommend it for all couples.




Today I am Thankful For:


The babies coming into this family and the world. The Lord is good, it's that simple.


My husband: He is such a good man, and I love him EVERYDAY... GOD made him especially for me and I am beyond grateful!


Our Picnic at the Park. Mama J suggested a wonderfully fun afternoon with the family and it makes my heart swell to see where we have been and where we are going. Again, the Lord is good, it's just that simple.


All of you who read and follow this blog. I like reading the few comments left, and feeling like we're telling each other stories.


The ability to stay with my children everyday. Other people, and sometimes even I, call our decision into question b/c in order for me to stay at home we sacrifice a lot. But, everyday GOD provides our every need, the other stuff is not important and if it is; will come in when necessary.


Exercise: Just recently I started this and some days I HATE it, but most often I love what it provides. Thanks to the quite 30 minutes of exercise everyday I feel like I new person.


Have a Great Week... comment, email, whatever. Hopefully when we see each other next I will be introducing you to my very first nephew.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me, Christina. I am thrilled for your family with the little additions! Your nephew is beautiful, and blessed to have such a loving aunt! Not to mention his precious "big" cousins. Sugar Mama will no doubt take him under her wing :-)

    I also admire your efforts for your family. You truly recognize that your husband and children are blessings, and you rejoice in them. I know this is not always an easy thing to do - especially in those moments when you crave a few moments to yourself. I worked full time for 20 years; only 3 1/2 of that time as a mom. This experience has completely changed my life - for the better! In some ways it was easier to have the full-time job and let our wonderful sitter see to the daily needs of my first child. But it took a toll on me - on my sense of peace as a mom. By the time son #2 was on the way, God was leading my hubby and me to make a similar sacrifice. It IS hard - daily - and in many different ways. But my boys KNOW that I am here, every moment of every day, and that I am fully involved in their lives. God has blessed me, and saw fit to trust me with these two little miracles. How can I let Him down? Well, ok, I do let Him down in so many ways every way. Which is one more reason I love being with my "babies" more to let them see how easy it is to make mistakes, and how important it is to fix them! And to let them see me in all stages of life - and that I truly love and trust my Savior. They will only be small for a short season, and I do not want to have wasted one moment. My first born is already finishing first-grade! How quickly they grow up. . .

    I am also convinced that God has led me to our preschool and blessed me with opportunity I have. I can daily enjoy the most precious little people - and get to know their families as well! And since my youngest is in my class, we are together all the time. This too shall only last a little while longer, but I count my blessings. My cup runneth over - and as you said, this is the Season to remember all the reasons we have to be thankful to our Jesus. Even as moms and wives - who else do we know who would have or would in the future sacrifice as much for us as Jesus Christ did? He deserves nothing less than our utmost, does He not?

    Happy Spring to all -

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete