Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Instead of Going Through the Motions....

Matthew West has a great song about not going through the motions...

Do you find yourself going through the motions? I certainly do. Being a stay at home can run the glamour straight out of your life. Mondays are laundry days... EVERYDAY is a running errands, fixing meals, brushing teeth, wiping up tables, etc. It is so easy to get caught up in the routine of life that we often forget to live it.

If I would have asked myself "Self, what will we be like 10 years from now", I'm not sure you would have gotten what you see before you, but I'm not sure I had that capacity either. See before having kids I NeVeR wanted to be a stay at home mom. In fact, I was going to school to be a teacher, my kids would go to school, b/c I would be teaching. And then God gave me Sugar Mama. My whole world, the one rotating on the axis every 365, sort of shifted and what I thought I wanted changed. I was the Assistant Director of a Preschool, thus knowing the rules of the game, and was dreading going back and putting Sugar Mama in that school. We were not there for long, and have been at home ever since. I love it though... b/c it was a choice. Just as I choose to sacrifice a lot, others choose to go to work and live a different life. Neither of us are wrong we only do what we feel is best for our children. This went a different way then I expected, so back to topic...

I get caught up in what needs to done, paid, washed, etc, and often forget to sit back and enjoy. Do you know how rewarding it is to hear my daughter excitedly exclaim that she has found a turtle in the clouds, or that she is going to buy the world for $40? She takes joy in the things that existed long before cable and movies. Her dreams are never halted because her bank does not hold the funds.. she simply lives and lives simply.

We are excited about some upcoming events:

~A field trip to pick some strawberries. Hopefully the hubs will join us.
~ The Nugget will be one in just under 2 weeks... where did the time go?
~ Sugar Mama's water park birthday is soon and she cannot wait.

What will you be doing in the coming weeks? If you have anything new or interesting to share for people who will be spending their summers at home please share.

Mrs. Lisa took an unofficial field trip to Butt's Mill Farm in Pine Mountain and highly recommends it, and you can also check out their animal safari. It is very fun, and the kids will love it. www.animalsafari.com

Also if you live near Roswell or are just interested. The Kudzu playhouse is having summer specials for kid theatres. I just took Sugar Mama and the Nugget to see Snow White and The Seven Drawfs. Sugar Mama got to be one of the drawfs and she loved it. It is worth checking out. www.kudzuplayhouse.org

Last but not least you should check with your local movie theater. The will usually have free showings of popular kid movies from the previous season on Tuesday and Wednesdays. They are earlier in the morning and you don't have to worry about making noise because everyone will.

Today I am Thankful for:

Moments of Not going through the motions.

The choice to stay at home, or work. You know my choice, and I will be forever grateful that I did it.

Sugar Mama and the Nugget. This morning I was able to stop the motions and take a look at them sharing some yogos on the steps. The Nugget is truly in love with Sugar Mama, she thinks she is the greatest, and Sugar Mama loves her right back... how did I get so lucky?

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Do you know someone who designs blogs? I am looking to hire someone, but I would like some recommendations... if you have any send them my way please.

    livelysituation@yahoo.com

    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete