Monday, July 13, 2009

Just when you adjust... they switch it again....

So the past couple of weeks have been really hard at our house. Growing up my dad was in the military. I would revel in the time that we spent together because when he came home, the few times he could, we would spent a whole month together. About half way through that time I would dread the inevitable goodbye. I vowed that I wouldn't live like that as an adult.

The hubs has had a crazy work schedule for about 2 years now. First he worked night shift 7 days a week for like 8 months... the whole time I was pregnant. And then when we had the Nugget it went back to day shift for about 8 months. At the beginning of this year we went back to night shift only 5 days a week and we had settled into a nice routine with this... until 3 weeks ago. I came down stairs one morning to him looking sick and asked immediately what was wrong. He replied "they asked me to go out of town"........

(Long Silence)

This would be a first for our family. We packed his clothes and explained to Sugar Mama why he was taking all of his stuff with him, which sent her into an emotional breakdown. We all 3 stood in the kitchen crying as he left, (the nugget was napping) and hoped as a family that this would be a one time deal. Our wishes were not granted. This has been really hard for us for the obvious missing part, but also because I'm in school right now, and for 2 days a week I stay in school for about 6 hours, Thank the LORD for our kids' grandparents.... I would officially be lost. On top of that I feel like a single parent... when I roll in from school it's bedtime and that's the hardest part of the day... but the rest of life goes on and it's hard to do with 2 small children on your own. I didn't appreciate all of his help before. I revel in the time we spend together which is about 1 1/2 days every week, but some where in the middle, I start dreading the goodbye.. the realization that it will be another week before I see him again.

So here we are....

I have filled those days with things like going to the movies, to Fernbank (which was awesome I def. recommend), and this week we'll be visiting the zoo. I will post pictures of Fernbank as soon as I can, but until then I will be counting down the days until the hubs comes back. I'll have an extra special post coming up in a couple of days, but for now I will keep it under wraps.

Today I am thankful for:

His job: as everyone keeps reminding me I really am thankful he's working... I just wish, if I had a choice that it would be in Georgia and not 4 hours away.

All of the help I have gotten over the past couple of weeks. I don't usually ask for it... that's just me, but all of the grandparents have stepped up in a big way and I really appreciate everything they have done!!!

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 17, 2009

    My wife is the best woman in the World and I Love Her more than she will ever be able to understand. She is what keeps me going everyday and she has given me and raised two of the sweetest and most beautiful girls anyone could ask for. I want her to know that I love her with all my heart and I appreciate everything she does. I love you babe.

    ReplyDelete