Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Day of Firsts...

Have you ever stopped, as an adult, and really looked at the clouds? I don't mean "Ugh I think it's going to rain", but like you were a kid searching for hidden pictures up there? I did this today... only briefly. But the thing that stopped me in my tracks was looking at the clouds.. wondering about my family members and friends who wait just beyond them. How our world continues to rotate everyday, even though I never feel a thing, and they wait... The things God has made give me pause. Looking at the clouds, knowing that one day my girls will play up there with those who wait for them.. well sometimes it's really more than my emotions can handle...

Having said that. I follow Kelly and Angie's blogs. How often I read them depends, mostly on time, but sometimes on whether or not I can withstand the emotions they sometimes envoke. Today I skimmed one of Kelly's entries and came upon a video from Angie. If you haven't read her blog.. here is a very short, understated version of Audrey's Story...

At 20 weeks Angie and her family were told that Audrey had at least 2 conditions that would prove to be fatal. They were encouraged to terminate the pregnancy immediately, but they decided against it. Angie delivered Audrey on April 7, 2008 and she lived for approximately 2 1/2 hours. She is very open, and descriptive in her feelings about her anguish regarding Audrey's absence, and her continued walk with God during a difficult situation. Angie and her husband Todd wrote a song for the new Selah cd. This is the video... the song.. and their story... (P.S. you will need to scroll down and pause the blog music)



On to our day of firsts...

Our pediatrician has inquired about the Nuggets Crayon use. Well that's an easy one.. zero.. she's too young. Not according to the doc. They say that crayons are non-toxic and worse case scenario she will have colorful poops. I'm all about personal growth, and strong fine motor skills so I purchased some today. I placed her in her chair. Removed a shiny orange crayon and demonstrated what to do with it. I gave it to her and she tapped it on the paper...

And after about 2 seconds she put it in her mouth.. she took 2 successful bites of it before I took it away... We'll get there..

Also I was told that I needed to introduce her to a cup... it took her months to learn how to drink out of a straw cup, but she did a fantastic job with a regular cup...


Because she wasn't feeling well she let me rock her to sleep tonight.. that is the first time in the whole 15 months of her life that she has ever done that. It almost brought me to tears. It's an emotional day can you tell? Somedays the Lord hits me with TONS of reasons to be thankful... today was one of those days.

So..

Today I am thankful for:

The blog. This is not an overly successful blog... people read it, sometimes they comment, but for the most part you could probably get the same info., on my facebook page. But, at the end of the day it means something to have a space where I can share my life with people. It is my greatest desire for you to share yours with me.

I have 2 girls that are healthy and happy. I have memorized their scents, recalled the moment they each stepped into my life, held them while they cried, and wondered EvErYdAy since they came into this world how I got to be so lucky. God has given me gifts in this life that I could never hope to repay him for, more importantly he gave me a gift beyond this life.

I have a husband who supports me 100% no matter what the endevaor. Ask me and I'll tell you that I can do anything, but sometimes it's not there... the hubs always backs me up. He works until he is dead on his feet, and still makes Sugar Mama's games, or uses his final ounces of energy to help any way he can. He changed my world...

I am insanely blessed...Love to you all..

No comments:

Post a Comment