Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Randomness

Here are 25 Random things that you may not know about me:

1. I have clinically diagnosed OCD. No I do not wash my hands several times or have rituals. I have OCD about Cleanliness. My closets are arranged by length, then alphabetized by color. This made my husband crazy at first, now he just accepts it. It is something that can drastically change my mood, and I function best in a clean and organized environment.

2. I knew the moment that I met my husband that he would be my husband. People say this doesn't happen, but at that time he saved me from heading in a seriously bad direction. I think God showed me that the hubs would be what I needed so I could come back. He proposed in a hotel room in Las Vegas @ 4:00 a.m. haphazardly as we ate room service. It remains one of the top 3 moments of my life, and he hates that I tell that story.

3. I am twin. You already know this.. but did you know that Mama J was 20 when she had me and the twin? and that she did not know she was having twins until she went into labor? How can this be you ask? We were back to back, giving the doctors only one heartbeat, and my parents missed both ultrasound appointments.

4. I am obsessed with the Twilight Saga. Not the high school stuff, but Stephenie Meyer wrote such a consuming love story that I was hooked. You don't have to be 30 to know you are in love, or maybe you do, but when you find it, I hope everyone experiences this type of love. If you haven't read it check it out @ www.stepheniemeyer.com

5. I have been skydiving once. It was the most terrifying and exhilarating experience of my life. I would do it again, but this time I would like to land where I am supposed to, and on my feet; as opposed to my face.

6. I had natural childbirth with both of my girls. With Sugar Mama it was by accident. When they gave me the epidural they did not check my cervix. Turns out I was a 9 and it was too late. Those are not appropriate words to utter to a first time laborer "Sorry we missed our Window"... With The Nugget it was a choice. I was uber sorry for that one in the moment. I had never to that point, or since, felt that kind of pain.

7. There are 6 kids in this world who hold pieces of my heart. I love them all as those they were my own.. well 2 of them are my own. Lawrence, Jake-a-bake, Sugar Mama, the Nugget, Bigi, and M & M. I wonder almost everyday what my role with be in these 6 lives as time passes.

8. I have few regrets, but the few I have are big ones: a) I would give most anything to have one more moment with my nanny. We argued the last time I saw her about something insanely trivial. The next time I laid eyes on her was in a hospital bed, after brain surgery. There was never another time for me to say the words I desperately needed for her to hear. b) I could tell you my mom's life story... mostly... I recently picked up a cake for my dad for his birthday and realized that I couldn't tell you what his favorite kind is. This is something I would like to change.

9. I do not make girlfriends easily. I never have. In school I had mostly guy friends. As an adult I find myself so focused on the lives of my family that I neglect to nurture the few friendships I do have...

10. EvErYdAY I listen to words trying to come up with a clever name for a business I would like to start. I found out recently that I can make some pretty interesting stuff.. like hair bows and I would like to start doing this, but I need a name.... And on that note I am thinking of having a livelysituation.com contest... what are you thoughts? I would like to give away a tutu and hair bow, or a personalized cork board... let me know...

11. I have read over 30 books this summer.

12. I had a best friend in high school that I think about all the time because I haven't seen him in years.. His name is Brandon Parks... do you know him?

13. I have secret ambitions.... I wonder a lot if I will ever do anything with them... If I do I will tell you what they are... until then feel free to pray about "them" :O)

14. I have always wanted to live in a country where my children would grow up with accents. However, I am reluctant to move further than 5 miles away from my family. Maybe the could just go with us and their kids can have accents too?

15. I have always known that I wanted to have kids. I did NOT however, think about what I would do once I had them. Being a stay at home mom was never in my plans, yet I wouldn't trade a minute of it... most days.

16. I have been told that I can sing. I have even gone to different churches to sing. However, I am convinced I will one day be the person on American Idol who is laughed out of the room because I can't really and everyone around me has been lying. Won't that be embarrassing?

17. I was one of 2 of the first freshmen in my high school to make the varsity cheer leading squad. It was probably one of the most fun times in my life. After making the team they put a bag over our heads and made us do a cheer on a Friday night at the local movie theater.. thank goodness for the bags ;O) I would cheer for a profession league if they had one. P.S. I did NOT encourage Sugar Mama in anyway... I swear...

18. The hubs and I have brown eyes, but Sugar Mama and the Nugget have blue/hazel.

19. I would like to know everything about my ancestors.. what jobs they had, or if they had any remarkable experiences... it's a hobby, but I do not spend a lot of time on it.

20. The flower girl at my wedding could win us $10,000 because she made faces at the audiences during the ceremony. It was hilarious!!!

21. Before our wedding I had never seen my husband cry. I threatened that if he did not cry at our wedding I would have stopped it... it wasn't necessary, we cried like babies.

22. During the Nuggets delivery I screamed out loud. If you ever watch a Baby Story on TLC you know the kind I am talking about. It remains one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

23. When the Nugget was around 3 months old I was holding her when I fell out the front door. Yep that's right fell out the front door. My foot slipped on the door mat and I went down with her in my arms... she was perfectly fine, my elbows and knees broke my fall and she never touched the ground. After wards I was cracking up laughing when the hubs informed me that he had never seen me fall before... what an interesting way to introduce him...

24. I get motion sickness... this happened recently, but I can't look at a book or do anything in the car, or ride on a boat with out beind SUPER nauseous. I don't know why it is but it stinks, and sometimes; like on vacation I just deal with it and pop some tylenol after wards.

25. I watch Disney Channel and iCarly all the time. I love these shows because they are really funny to me and it's the best way to be entertained and not be stressed out about censorship. Sugar Mama loves them as well. Check out iCarly..her brother Spencer MaKeS that show.

Now you know more than you ever wanted to..

Today I am thankful for:

My randomness: There is a lot about me that is random.. but that's great because God made me especially how he wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment