Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Best Things in Life are Free, or $2.50

No new pictures: So if you look for them, you have my permission to check out here :O)

I had my first anatomy test yesterday. But before that I was down and out with a migraine for about 5 days. Last Wednesday I developed one through the day, and by 4 p.m. I was literally hanging over the toilet wishing my skull would just go ahead and split open. The hubs wouldn't let me go to school (I know that sounds funny), and it was a good call b/c when I came home and slept I still woke up with a residual headache that was enough to make me nauseous. Because I was so tired, and weak I did not study for this test like I should have, although I did a lot of studying when faced with the test I was a little lost. I think I made a B. (sigh)

The same headache that side tracked me in school gave the Hubs a push in a super positive direction. He stepped up in a big way and let me veg out for all of those days. He also prayed and communicated with me about going out of town. He spoke with his bosses and decided to stay at home from now on. This was really huge because in this economy, and with so many electricians out of work, decisions are usually ours to make. This will help me tremendously and my sanity will return shortly. It was a hard and big step for him to make, and I am especially grateful for his thoughtfulness.

This lead me to remember how the best things in life really are free.. coming home to a family who is excited to see me. A husband who considers that his life affects mine too, and 2 kids who grow and show love everyday. Hanging out with these Durrettes make me happy.

You know what else makes me happy... a very nice, bronze curtain rod for $2.50. That's right, I scanned the bar code at least 4 times, and sure enough it was the correct price. The only problem was I picked up the last one... I need 2 more.. but I got one for less that $3.
I'm looking for Home Trends: Shepherds Curtain Rod.. know where I can find one?

So I would like for more people to read livelysituation. Do you have any suggestions?

Lastly I am excited about the upcoming holidays. Christmas time is my FaVoRiTe time of the year.. and fall is football season weather, it's just a perfect storm... it makes me very happy.

Today I am Thankful for:

Speaking up: It's not always easy.. and sometimes it's not the right time, but the hubs made a difficult decision in a difficult time and he chose our family and it's well being over the money he could have made.

Love to you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment