Thursday, October 1, 2009

Back and Better...

So now I am over, being over school :O) Sometimes I just need a swift kick in the tush and then I can do whatever I need to do. So here I am. We are having the best weather. It is a little chilly in the mornings, but by afternoon it's 75 degrees and it's just beautiful.

So what is going on in your life? Are you hunting for pumpkins? Or the best Halloween costume for your kiddos, or even yourself. Come on you know you've been eyeing that Pink Power Ranger costume... buy it! :O) We've all (yep that's right) ALL of us have found our costumes... we're having a costume party.. and you're invited. No seriously you can come... Either way I'm not going to tell you what we are going to be, I will just post pictures after the party so you can laugh like the rest of us. It will not disappoint b/c my aunt and uncle came as Madonna and Slash (ish) last year. I put the (ish) because I don't think that was their official title, but it should have been.

We are also very busy keeping up with all of the Nugget's new skills. She started using a spoon today, and she did really well. Just like with the cup, I imagine this will be a messy adventure until we get the hang of it. But she's doing great with the cup so it's really just a lateral move to something as equally messy. She has also decided that now is the time to climb the stairs. Which she is also really good at... so good she got all the way UP the steps before the hubs noticed she was gone. I'm fine with this because Sugar Mama did not climb for some time, BUT we're trying to teach her a safe way to come down the stairs... this can be scary. She does great coming off of the couch, but that's just one and she moves a lot faster on the steps. Lastly, Sugar mama taught the Nugget how to climb through the gate. So the one gate we had that separated the living room from the kitchen is obsolete because now she can go through. It's only up now to keep Dooley out or in. (sigh) Believe it or not I really like these milestones. I like watching how she is growing, as long as she does it safely.

In Sugar Mama news, we cleaned out her baby basket. She is allowed to keep as many stuffed animals that actually fit in the basket. This is a constant problem because the hubs wins stuff all the time. She very rarely plays with them, but is very attached when faced with the pruning process. Today she came downs stairs with 2 grocery bags in hand exclaiming proudly that she "Got together all of the toys from her trampoline and they fit into 2 bags, now it's time to give to other boys and girls." Yes you can sigh and think she is so sweet (I did), but only after we had at least 5 conversations of "Mommy I don't want to give my toys away to other boys and girls." I understood the reluctance, which is why they are still on the trampoline 2 weeks later. My point of no longer understanding was when we had to have the conversation at 9:30 at night. Apparently today she is fine with giving them away, OR she is that much like her mother and cannot stand to see the stuff lying around another second. My vote is for number 2. :O)

She is also talking to me right now about sending an "E-mail". Which to her is a piece of paper that does not have an envelope that we stick in the mailbox, without a stamp (which she replied "What is a stamp?") Talk about your generation gaps. She does know we have a mailbox, that actual mail comes through, but she thinks those are emails. I wonder where she hears that term? ;O) I wonder too if she is behind computer wise, maybe you can tell me what your kids are capable of when it comes to computer literacy. Her cartoon channel is always telling her about nickjr.com, and she asks a lot about what that means. She isn't allowed on the computer. Are your kids?

Here is a really cool thing that I found for you moms. In last months volume of Parents magazine (page 27) it gave this website: www.crayola.com/colorme on this site you can upload your own photos that can be used as coloring sheets. You need the code: PR24QCHT. That code will give you 24 hour access to the site for printing out your uploaded photos, after 24 hours it expires and you must purchase specially marked boxes of crayons.
Enjoy!

If you have something you would like to share on the blog email me: livelysituation@yahoo.com

Today I am thankful for:

My groove back. I have felt displaced ever since we got back from vacation, but now I feel like I'm hitting my stride again. It was so nice to talk to the twin the other day and vent about my frustration and be reminded that I'm not expected to do everything or to do it perfectly. School has been really good to me and for me. At the end of the day it will be worth it... in the words of my Nan "Sacrifice now for what you want later." It's going to be hard, but if it wasn't then it wouldn't be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment