Sunday, October 4, 2009

Do You Remember?

When you celebrate your child's birthday, do you remember as his or her mother the hours you spent in labor?
The time of that first contraction?
Walking the halls doubled over in pain?
Or the best of all, the moment your baby entered this world and all the pain was over and you held your baby in your arms?

Or the day your fiance proposed?
All the tears you shed when you realized in that moment that your love wanted to spend the rest of his life with you?

There are moments in our lives that are etched there for a barrage of reasons. I wonder if those that we are close to remember not only the most amazing days of their lives, but also the one's that tilted the axis that their world spins upon.

2 years ago today, I received a call in the middle of the night that told me that the fight my mom and her husband had been fighting for months was over, and it felt to me like time slowed. I was still living my life, but was looking from the outside in. I've mentioned this before, I've also mentioned that this is not my story to tell.
Today she relives this, remembering those moments and so the point of this blog today:
Those memories are hard ones, but necessary. Today I hope Mama J finds comfort in a life well lived, one that was full of love thanks to her, and that at the end of the day a healing did come, it will just be a little while before we see the fruit of it.

Cancer is a disease that is not discriminatory, on either race, gender, or age. Today is claims more lives that even a few years ago. Today there is no cure, and while the pain is devastating, just like with Mama J and her husband, God is a comforter. Even if the answer to your prayer , which in this case was the miracle of a life saved, is No, or any form of that, he did hear and answer you, it just may not be what you'd like him to say. I know today that at the end of the pain, anger, denial, etc., he waits with open arms.

Today I am Thankful for:

A life that impacted many. He changed my life, and outlook, for which I am eternally grateful. And that after the pain, God puts people in our lives that share our experiences and through his will and works gives great comfort. Should you find yourself in that situation I hope that you experience the same.

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment