Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hits and Misses

I've had some misses this week:

My first miss this week was yesterday (Monday) @ school. On my way to Lab, after test number 2 in lecture, I walked out of my flip flop, or so I thought. I looked down and the circle that lies on the bottom of the flip flop had come off, taking basically the entire thong part of the shoe. There was no way to put it back together and if you have ever broken a flip flop you know that with out the thong, the thing is useless.
So I hobbled to the door and there was a guy sitting on a bench just laughing at me, not in a mean way, and so we laughed together. I announced to anyone who would listen that my flip flop was broken b/c I didn't know how to explain why I was walking the way I was.
My professor and my lab partner were superheroes and taped/tied the flip flop back together and I made it back to the car and almost home before it fell apart again. The flip flops are now in the trash.


As a Stay At Home Mom I feel like my decision to not work eliminates any extra that I may want. Because I don't contribute monetarily I NeVeR ask for anything. About a month ago the Hubs and I decided that I would get highlights and low lights in my hair. I haven't had them in about 4 years b/c I do not like having to maintain it. However, I was really pleased with the results. In fact I loved it. It was time to maintain said hair and to be quite honest I just couldn't afford it. We've just taken on a second car, which came with a payment, and so my hair is literally at the bottom of the to tum pole. I was getting self conscious about my roots, so what did I do?
I went to my Walmart and bought a box of self color.... and I cried the EnTiRe time my sister was coloring it. I've never had such an emotional reaction to hair before, and I'm not really sure it was the hair, but now looking at the hair I can't decided if it was a hit or a miss... I think it's growing on me, in fact just about 1 hour ago the hubs told me that he things I should go darker....

Before: highlights and low lights





After: Not my natural color... something I should have known before I bought the box.


I had a conversation with a friend of mine today who is WAY more accustomed to the extras than I am, and she is currently going through the same things, but her efforts are to conserve money instead of spend it. Her family has recently taken a pay cut because of the economy. I am certainly NOT happy that she is going through it, but it was refreshing to know I am not alone in the struggle to pamper and take care of myself, AnD stay on budget.


Some of my Hits:

Did you know LivelySituation has gone etsy?

Here is a tutu that I made for Brandi's niece... I think it turned out great, what are your thoughts... comment, comment, comment...

Another hit:

This afternoon on our way home from getting Sugar Mama from school she informed me that some girls from her class were being mean to her.
I asked what this meant b/c sometimes its just her being sensitive. Today was b/c 2 girls in her class did not like her being Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween, and the other did not like the fact that she is a cheerleader. I asked her if it really mattered and she responded:
"No, they shouldn't worry about me, they should only worry about themselves".
Ha!! She knows something that it took me about 25 years to learn, and Thank the LORD for that!!!

Today I am Thankful for:

Moments: Sugar Mama provides me with many of these. I wonder often about my responses to her questions in the future... I know she will have them, and today she proved that together we will even get through her crazy time. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment