Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Loads To Share...

Wow, what a week. We had a fantastic Christmas, a busy one, but wonderful none the less.

That being said I have loads of pictures to share...

This first one is of the Nugget and Sugar Mama having food at Sugar Mamas school's Birthday Party for Baby Jesus.


One thing I have noticed with the age of Sugar Mama is the Want..Want..Want...it seems that most of the time all I hear is want from her and it seems to be across the board with people who have children this age. I vowed before I had children that I wouldn't have children like that so my solution was to have Sugar Mama bake cookies for the people around us who do things for us all the time, to show some appreciation for those who work without thanks. So we made cookies for our mail lady and our 3 trash men. During this conversation she informed that "we needed to make cookies for daddy because he does things for us everyday"...there was no mention of mommy....
Thank goodness for the mixer because it made the process a lot faster...here they are watching all the fun...



Christmas Morning Sugar Mama woke up before the Nugget. We knew we wanted them to come down stairs together so we could capture their reactions with the video camera and the Nugget was reluctant to get up.... her she is on her new baby 4-wheeler (which only goes 2 mph :O)

Sugar Mama got a tent.. in the shape of a tree.. Santa put all of her presents in there so she opened them all from inside..


The Nugget got a new kitchen.. that makes 2 for the Durrette house; to keep things even...


Here is Sugar Mama working on her animal doctor kit with her doctor glasses..


Here is said tent.. Sugar Mama has slept in this everyday since she got it.. if you look closely you can see her wrapped in her sleeping bag...

It has been a wonderful week. It went by so quickly I can't believe school starts back next week.

Have you ever heard of post partum depression? Well I never had it after I delivered, but I do have some after the holidays. There is so much anticipation and excitement about the time between thanksgiving and Christmas that it's electric. But after the presents are opened and the day is over it doesn't feel like Christmas anymore, the decorations come down, and then there is nothing to look forward to... (sigh)...but I'm thankful we got to have a Christmas at all. Many families couldn't afford too, so even though I am suffering from Christmas post partum, I am glad we got the experience either way.

One last thing to leave you with:

I don't use real names on this blog...not b/c I don't trust you but because it makes me feel better to tell it this way. However, tonight I ask prayers for my friend Kelsey. I call her by name b/c when you pray I'd like for you to call her name as well. She is young and is pregnant with her 3rd child. Christmas day she went to the hospital because she was convinced she was having a miscarriage. Turns out God had other plans and her baby is just fine. She is on bed rest (rest that the baby's life depends on) and I ask that you pray for her and her unborn baby. God already knows.. I would just like for him/her to know that this world is already anticipating it's safe arrival.

Love to you all...have a happy and safe New Year!!! It's almost 2010, Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment