Sunday, January 3, 2010

Decisions, Decisions...

Just a few photos to share...

The Nugget has been drinking from a cup for several months now, but every once in a while she has lots of fun with the milk.. here is an example.


This past weekend my aunt and her 2 kids brought the game 'Just Dance' for the Wii. What fun, and what a work out. The object of the game is to do the dance moves simultaneously with the avatar with the lyrics of the song. I did "Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer. It was so funny, but I was exhausted when it was done. The Twin got a little video of the Hubs, but it wasn't good quality...it was a show to see :)

Mean while Bigi and M & M had fun playing with the Nugget's kitchen...Bigi's dad was thrilled with all the pink ;)

Here is Bigi...


This is M & M cooking...
Some of you know that Sugar Mama is in Pre-K this year. We sent her to a private christian school for 3K and Pre-K and it has always been our intention to send her through elementary school at this same school. It is a wonderful school with the most loving and dedicated staff, and most importantly it is very affordable and competitive with it's rates. The problems the Hubs and I have with the school is that it only goes through the sixth grade. As we've discussed this, we both agree that the 6 - 8th grade is a horrible time to take an awkward tween/teen girl from uniforms and best friends to wearing whatever with all new people.

However, we both know that right now the school district we are in is not the one we wants our girls to attend. We have a couple of options...

1. Send her/them to her current school and put her in public during the middle school years.

2. Send her/them to her current school and after I graduate and get a job (this will happen eventually) I can pay for them to continue to go to private school at a much more expensive school.

3. Put her in public school as soon as we move...there is a pause there b/c it hasn't been time as of yet, so who knows when that will happen.

4. Another interesting option that I have never considered is homeschooling... after reading Bring the Rain-Angie Smith's blog on home schooling it just put another option there about what we could do with the time/money dedicated to school....

What are your thoughts? What are you doing with your kids? Are you basing that off of where you live/budget/school district?

Either way I am going to have to be in serious prayer... I have 8 months until Sugar Mama starts Kindergarten so I am confident that the Lord will show me the way before then...

Today I am Thankful For:

The return of the Joy of my salvation: Sometimes in religion and relationships we can become stagnant. I would be lying if I said that never happens to me, in fact it has happened a lot since I left my previous church. But this past week, between some much needed girl conversations/alone time/conversations and prayers with the Lord I feel a renewed sense of purpose for his light to shine in my life. I have a wonderful husband who is so open and honest about his feelings and two wonderful and loving children who remind me of God's love daily. If this is as good as it gets, then I am immensely blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I could NEVER home school. Hats off too anyone that does. As horrible as it sounds, i'm exhausted and i look forward to sending them away for that little break in the day for ME. I will be sad of course too, i'm not completely evil :)
    Having said that though, if my options were not good options, it would definitely be something I consider, but i think public school is just fine, if you have them in the right one. If you can afford the private school, go for it! and once they get older, i don't know, maybe you can let them choose, or at least TRY public school. ??? You'll figure it out. Like you said, God will lead you the right way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete