Sunday, February 21, 2010

Patience is Hard

This is what Sugar Mama says whenever we tell her to be patient about something... Patience is hard... I guess that's why it's a virtue :)

We found that out this week... we were turned onto a house, that resides in our destined school district, by some friends of ours. It has been vacant for about a year. I called 2 days in a row to schedule a showing, and 20 minutes before our appointment.. 3 days after seeing it for the first time, we got the phone call that it was under contract... seriously?!?

I don't know why this picture is so funny, but it is :)


I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Homeschooling is hard.. here is the Nugget. I had already cleaned all of the paint off the floor, her, her hands and feet, etc. She pulled the top, from the paint, off the table and painted her face with the tiny bit left in the top.


Sugar Mama and I recently had a talk about her hair. It has never occurred to me to do anything with it but keep it long. I didn't want her to have bangs, and never thought about styling it, until recently. Her hair is baby fine and after washing it, the rats nests that I would have to comb through would cause us both pain.. I talked with her about a hair cut. She loves them...

This time I wanted her to cut it off...at first she was reluctant, but after I assured her that our hair dresser would not cut all of her hair off, and that shoulder length hair didn't mean actually cutting her shoulders :) ha, she is so literal, she agreed. And I told her about how excited the little girl would be, that would receive her hair as a hair piece from Locks of Love...

This is the process...


This is 9 and 3/4... 1/4 inch short of the minimum 10 inches required, and after it was all said and done we actually cut off 11 inches... Locks of Love will still take it to off set the cost of making the hair pieces...

This is the actual ponytail :) Oh the tears... a lot has changed in Sugar Mama's life in the past couple of weeks, even though this was my idea it was hard to realize what a big girl she is becoming..and so I cried.. a lot :)


And here she is with her fancy new cut.. which she loves!!!


It's a ton easier to deal with and she can't stop talking about her "new hair".

We've had a busy weekend, with 2 birthday parties and 4 hours of looking at empty houses and we're pooped.. the hoedown on Friday with the Plemons' was too much fun, and like everything else with them it was like nothing has ever changed.. you can't know how comforting that is.. and baby Plemons' is 16.. she was 10, that's right 10 when we met her... where has the time gone..I've said that far too often lately..

Today I am thankful for:

Patience: I was insanely disappointed when we found out "our" house was under contract. I'm having a hard time waiting on God to work out our house hunting situation, but I'm praying hard that God will help me to remember to be content in whatever situation I'm in. There are a lot of people with out homes, and I have one so I'm thankful God gave me this one, and I'm praying and waiting patiently until he shows me my next one :)

Love to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment