Thursday, February 25, 2010

Same Stuff, Just a Different Day...

There has been so much and yet nothing going on at our house. We are still in the process of buying our first house and it's been a slow go, as the economy has dictated it so, and we're trying to be patient. At the same time my 24/7 interaction with my children continues :)

I don't know what it is about pictures of my children sleeping that give me such great joy, but they do and here is the Nugget sleeping in the car just today. She is cutting her 2 year molars and it has been really hard for her. She's not sleeping and so she cat naps when she finds a moment.


We are still homeschooling. If my calculations are correct, Sugar Mama would now make the cut off for kindergarten at her previous school and it only took us 3 weeks... She's not perfect by any means but she's doing a lot better and I'm really proud of her. The Nugget is benefiting from our homeschooling also by learning her body parts, colors, and trying to pick up on letters :)

Here Sugar Mama was practicing writing the Number 8 and the Letter Z...


One other aspect of comprehension is drawing a person with the necessary body parts. Sugar Mama has graduated to giving her people bodies :) They still have no necks, but she's getting there.


I read just today that a friend of mine has a kid who is already reading. This is a big thing God is teaching me about right now. He made us all individually and he blesses each person with gifts. Sugar Mama is very smart, but she's not reading at her age, and I shouldn't compare her to other children. She is wonderfully and beautifully made, because God did that.. I am content, proud, grateful, and blessed to have her as he intended her to be. No comparison.. because reading or not he may call her to one day change the world...or he may call her to read a lot, it's all for his will.

I have 2 tests next week.. one midterm and one regular ol' Anatomy test.. (sigh) it's going to be a stressful weekend.

Today I am Thankful for:

All 5 senses: I have the ability to sense the world in 5D.. there are a lot of people in the world who are content, even happy with their limited capabilities.. I need to be more thankful for the blessings that I over look all the time.

Having a partner in this crazy life. There are so many women in this world who do it alone.. I am thankful that I have a person who supports me, and helps when he sees that I can't do it all, and for my hubs too :) Ha the first was God..

Contentment: There will always be those who have more than me.. even more who have less. I strive to be content with where he has placed me.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment