Thursday, March 18, 2010

Giving God the Glory..

* First: I Give God all of the glory for my patience with homeschooling. I've said this a lot but seriously it is one of the most challenging things I have ever done. Not because Sugar Mama is difficult to teach, but trying to teach her and keep the Nugget entertained is a daily struggle. Any Who.. this is a picture that she drew just this week. When this first started she didn't draw a neck, which is something her preschool said she should know.. I think that's ridiculous... who draws a neck.. again I digress.. so now she's coloring dresses, writing names, and drawing her own bows, while drawing a neck :)

* Second: Kelly's Korner did a blog just 2 days ago about a family in Arkansas that just got word that their 3 year old son has an extensive form of Cancer... A friend of mine from high school has a boyfriend who went to the ER for a bloody nose and came out with a diagnosis of Leukemia. You may be asking where the Glory is in that.. but "By his stripes we are healed" I'm sending up my prayers and I know, from personal experience, that God always heals.. sometimes it just might not be in this life. Please keep this in your prayers as well.

*Third: Good news: We got a little bit of good news today.. I'm going to wait until we get more information (no I am NOT pregnant :) before I share completely. Also we got good news that Grandma is doing better, and there is Glory in that. No matter which way our news turns out I'm going to give God the glory.. even if I don't get my way :)

On a side note.... do you have a dog? I do.. you've seen him before.. his name is Dooley and while sometimes his 70lb. self aggravates me to no end I love him to death. He is so sweet and dopey with his crazy eyes that you can't help but love his neurotic ways. The Hubs and I have talked about how I can't stand to think of losing Dooley, which is silly because he is only 2. But, I talked with my aunt today who had to put her dog to sleep this morning.. she was completely devastated and it made me cry. I know that Dooley does not have a soul, but do you think God will make an exception for him in Heaven? All dogs go there right?... I know the answer to this and it makes me really sad, and yes I realize how silly that is, but this is my life and how I think... it can't be helped :)

Today I am Thankful for:

Finding the Glory: Even when life is really hard, and we are weary, beaten, and down trodden he is always there. He never leaves, never, and when we think that we cannot possibly take another step he carries us through it, and sets us safely on the other side. Everything in this life is for his glory.. sometimes it's really hard to see, but I promise it's there.. it just make take a minute in the storm, to see the safe place.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment