Thursday, April 1, 2010

Insert Clever Title Here..

Ha! I'm going to let you call this blog whatever you want :)

Here is a list of my holy smokes moments for the day...

1. Sugar Mama ran into a pole last night at Awanas and has a big ol' goose egg on her forehead. I was convinced she would wake up with at least one black eye.. but fear not, she is black eye free. She does, however, have a nice little purple knot on her forehead.. go figure :)

2. In about 1 month my little itty bitty, monster of a girl, will be 2 years old... seriously where has my time gone? Please understand, with this age comes more independence which I welcome with open arms, but they (Sugar Mama and the Nugget) are a constant reminder that this life is so short.

3. Bigi (my nephew) and m & m (my neice) are growing quickly too. Bigi turned 1 just last week, and m & m will be 1 in a matter of days. Seriously watching their births is a true highlight of my life. I did not watch my own children being born, I mean who wants to watch it when you can feel it? :) But it is so crazy being on this end of children who grow so quickly.

Here is my niece giving her best CHEESE!! :)


OMGeee I heart those teeth :)

4. In about 3 months I will be 28.. that is so, so, so, close to 30... when I was younger I don't think I ever thought past my 20's. Getting married, having babies.. done... graduate college finally is on my list :) it just feels a little weird. I've said before that I never feel older, I still wrestle, and by wrestle, I mean dominate my husband, (if you ever ask him about this and he denies it, which he will, ask him about the figure 4 :) I still get in the floor and play ridiculous games with my children, watch Disney Channel and Nickelodeon, etc. Will all of this have to stop as I get older?!? I hope not b/c I'll be 40 still doing silly stuff and laughing at completely immature stuff :)

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Chris Wang, one of Youth Leaders, taught on What Easter is all about last night...

Here is how it goes...

Jesus was made flesh, he came to this world to save it, not to condemn it. They persecuted him, beat him, bruised him, humiliated him, spit on him, broke his body down to it's most vulnerable.
If that was not enough, they made him carry his cross uphill, and put a crown of thorns on his head, piercing his already broken skin.

They hung him on a cross for all to see, continued to taunt and mock him, telling him if he were the real Jesus he could save himself.
"Father, if it be your will let this cup pass from me...

He accepted a fate that was not his.. he gave up Heaven that WE might experience it. He took the HELL we deserve. And asked forgiveness for those who had beaten, humiliated and broken him, for they knew not what they did...

But it doesn't end there...

On the third day, Mary Magdalene went to look for him, but he was not there.. he had risen. He is ALIVE!! He sacrificed himself for us that we may have eternal life. He conquered death. This Sunday we celebrate that victory and the hope that hung on that cross.

That is what I am thankful for today.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment