Friday, May 21, 2010

My Hometown..

I live in Georgia, as you may already know.. it's the South, and we have a lot of history here.

Here is one of my favorite places: McDonough Square. Just on it's outskirts lie large older homes that remind you of a time when things were much simpler. The owners have maintained them very well and they are simply beautiful.


It also holds the Geranium Festival every year. Hundreds of Thousands of people come to this square to buy crafts from people all over the country.


I live just south of Atlanta


We are home to the World's Largest Aquarium..


The Best Hot Dog..


And well.. the best SEC team there ever was :)


I love the South...

Where do YOU live?!?

Today I am Thankful for:

History: The Bible is a book written by people who encountered Jesus, he physically touched their lives. In your hometown it can be the same way. We can't go forward if we don't know where we've been.

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely place to live, I just might have to come visit =) hope yall have a great day! ~Andrea
    http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post!! I love all your pictures!! Your blog is too cute! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Dawgs!!! Looks like you live in a great town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much. I do love it here, the only other place I would want to live is England and that b/c I've always wanted my kids to have accents :) (To me at least) You just can't get better than the south :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 21, 2010

    Just dropping in from Kelly's Korner! My grandparents lived in McDonough, and I spent many summers visiting the little shops on the square. Your pictures bring back great memories! Your Varsity pic reminds me of eating the BEST hot dogs in the world paired with onion rings and FOs!! Thanks for the walk down memory lane...and ROLL TIDE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought for sure no one would know where McDonough was, it makes me so happy that you've spent time here too, even if you roll with the tide :) That the other great thing about the SEC we also have the BEST rivalries :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I love my Dawgs! Oh and the Varsity is the best...You can tell I'm a Ga Peach also...love my state!

    ReplyDelete