Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a Wonderful Family..

My Mother's Day started on Thursday when the hubs dropped me off for a surprise hair appointment. It's summer time so I went back blonde, and my hair dresser said I had better not come back in two months with dark hair :)

On Saturday all 16 members of my family went up north to have lunch with my Nanny. We monopolized a section of the restaurant for about 1 1/2 hours :)

After wards we stopped to take these pictures.. This picture represents 4 Generations..
Generation 1. Nanny
Generation 2. Mama J and her sister
Generation 3. Me and the Twin
Generation 4. Lala, Sugar Mama, Nugget and M & M... there is a lot of history here..


And here is Mama J with all 3 of us children, and our children :)


It was a lot of fun to spend time with my nanny and get to just relax.

This morning I woke up at 9:00.. seriously 9:00, I forgot to take that picture..
But I woke up to breakfast made for me.. the hubs said I was the only one to get hash browns b/c the rest of them were burnt :)


My first present: From my Girls.. to you it looks like a regular ol' tree, but it's not.. it's a cherry blossom tree. Sugar Mama worked all week and saved up the money for her and the Nugget to buy me my very own... this is my favorite kind of tree and she knew I really wanted one. I cannot wait to see it blossom :)


My Second Present: My Very First Coach Bag :) The hubs let me pick out a purse and wallet, and because they were having such a great sale, I picked up some Coach coasters... what a silly purchase, but they are so awesome, and I technically got them for free, I think I'll keep them ;)


The hubs has been so amazing today... breakfast, he's done the dishes and laundry, vacuuming. In all it's been the best day of me being a completely lazy beast, and quite frankly, I have loved every minute of it.

Today I am Thankful for:

Mother's: What a special type of person it takes to be a mother. You meet this small person who consumes your life, and you find you'll sacrifice anything for him/her. I am so thankful for the mother's in my life, especially Mama J who is the best mother a person could ask for, ever. And for those who struggle with becoming a mother.. the twin struggled with that same issue for a long time, and then God granted her M & M.. there are so many ways to become a mother, and should that be your hearts true desire he will grant it.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment