Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Argh....

Ha! That is the sound that Sugar Mama keeps making as she dances around the living room getting dressed for the day. Isn't that the beauty of summer?... the ability to plan your day as you see fit, doing nothing you choose not to and including all the wonderfully fun things that get left behind in any other season.

That's us. Our days are ours and my children are accustomed to going and doing something everyday. I haven't felt like it this week. I have a double ear infection and maybe the beginning of a sinus infection... but it's really minor, certainly nothing to complain about.

Yesterday however, I decided we did need to get out of the house. We went first to Kirkland's to find stuff for the house. What I didn't realize was that they don't have shopping carts and the Nugget was literally like a bull in a china shop :) She wants to touch everything and what purpose does broken goods serve for your home? You break it, you buy it and then display it and hope people feel sorry for you :) We did not stay long. And we didn't get a chance to buy anything.

Next we went to the Goodwill. I love buying books from here because I am an avid reader and they aren't cheap. So I bought 10 books for $16... such a great deal especially when you consider that at a regular store (not even the Walmart) it would have cost around $75.

Our day concluded with a trip to see Toy Story 3. I wasn't sure about it at first b/c the girls have not seen 1 or 2, but it's a Disney movie.. I don't think they would have cared. But it was great.. a little irritating when grown adults break in a very obvious line, but the Nugget sat through the ENTIRE movie without getting up one time and I think they wrapped up the trilogy very nicely. It also made me so proud to do something like that on my own :) I'm super mom!!

I do not have pictures because my memory card is full. Very full. But it's such a daunting and expensive task to take all 400 pictures and have them printed out.. because then I will have to put them in albums.. (sigh) But I'll need my camera very soon so I will just have to do it. Until then I won't have any new ones to share unless we use the cellphones :)

Today I am Thankful for:

Freedom: Of choice, of day decisions, everything that only a few decades ago might not have been possible. I am awarded the opportunity to stay at home with my children and watch them grow. I do not make a dime, I work all the time without vacations or sick days and yet at the end of the day I consider myself to be amongst wealthiest people because I could never buy or work for what they give me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment