Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just For Me...

Today I asked Sugar Mama to take her flip flops to her bedroom and put them in her closet. She did as I asked and as I was sitting next to her on the sofa she said "Mommy, I have something to show you"...

I didn't pay much attention to what it was until she came to me and burst into tears...

She had huge crocodile tears rolling down her cheeks and she said:

"Mommy I broke this and hid it under my bed."

Me: "How long have you had it under there?"

Sugar Mama: "For a couple of days"

I said "Why didn't you just bring it to me?"

Sugar Mama: "Because I thought you would be mad at me"...

Now we're both in tears...

I reassured her that I was not mad, in fact I found the magnet while moving and have not even thought enough about it to miss it. In fact it will take nothing for the hubs to glue the tiny magnet back on the butterfly. There are 2 things that struck me about this conversation.

1. How heartbreaking it was that she felt she had to hide this little insignificant magnet from me because she thought she would be in trouble...
and
2. That she had the courage and conviction to come to me and tell me even though she was afraid. She's far more brave than I am :)

She made my heart swell simply because at her very core she is so good.. I stand in awe today of the wonderful children God has given me.

2 comments:

  1. Heather P.July 07, 2010

    Awww! She's such a sweet girl! :)
    Gotta love her! :D

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, she brought me to tears :)

    ReplyDelete