Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Time Flies...

When you're having fun...

This morning at 8:00 a.m. I checked on the Nugget, and found her sleeping soundly. At 8:13 a.m. I checked the monitor again and found her completely naked in her crib... again...

But first a little back story: I went to bed with a migraine last night because yesterday I had jury duty. After a riveting speech on how important and cool jury duty is (f.y.i. if you have to be told how cool something is.. it is completely not cool) and how they would not waste my time, they sat me in a room for 3 hours... only to call me into another room with 13 other people and ask me questions... straight through lunch. I was assured they would ask me if participating in jury duty was a hardship... they so didn't ask. It has just been the past 3 - 4 days that I have been able to eat anything and keep it, so the fact that I was hungry turned into a nagging headache almost immediately.... And I am not done.. I have to call everyday and see if I am to report the next day..

But I came home did things around the house, all the while waiting patiently for bedtime.

The headache had not subsided completely during sleep and when I approached the Nugget in her crib I realized she was naked because her diaper had poop in it, which was now all over her crib... disgusting to say the least, and tear inducing....

We cleaned her and the crib, put the sheets and various poop items on sanitize in the washing machine and prepared to register Sugar Mama for kindergarten (GASP)....

"This is so exciting" Sugar Mama exclaims as we sat in the front office filling out paperwork. And it is so exciting for her, but I cannot shake the feeling that with each passing day she is not my little girl anymore. I am a control freak and I want to know the ins and outs of a person who will be taking care of my child. It is so hard to let that go. I look at her and wonder will she be able to find her way to her classroom, or know how to get her lunch in the cafeteria? All things that I did just fine, but question because she is my little girl.. (sigh) I am so not prepared for this :)

She was even excited about her supply list. She is just like me. My favorite time of year behind Christmas is school supply shopping time. Crayons and Glue for .25 I buy that stuff even when we don't need it. When else can you get markers for $1?

Today I am Thankful for:

Her excitement: It could be worse. And I am so proud that she is independent enough to be brave and go to school when her grown mother cannot share in those feelings :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the kindergarten dilema. it's so exciting yet SAD and SCARY for us as moms. Bekah's starts in the fall as well, but here in Oregon it's only half day kindergarten so she won't go a full day at school until first grade. And..I LOVE SCHOOL SHOPPING TOO! that's the part i'm most excited about i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours goes "all day" 7:45 - 2:15 (ish) I don't have the schedule yet, but it's all very new. Not to mention the Nugget is going to have a fit when her sister isn't here everyday to entertain her :) We are to go school shopping this weekend and even purchase a back pack... that is the one school item that makes me a little sad :(

    ReplyDelete