Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My First Day...

The day I have been dreading for a couple of weeks...

Sugar Mama was very excited. She woke up and said that her eye balls hurt (because it's been months since she's been up early :) but hopped right out of bed to get dressed. She did everything I asked her, the first time, and was simply happy to be up that early :)

A little backpack modeling...


One person who was going to miss her terribly... (well besides me)


Picture with daddy..


And pictures with mommy...


I was still doing well at this point. I didn't sleep well the night before because my anxiety had me stressing about the morning. She gathered up all of her supplies and was ready to head out the door. I rambled constantly in the car, trying to keep my tears at bay. We pulled up the madhouse that was parking. I was really proud of myself.. we walked in and went to her classroom.

Where she handed her supplies to her teacher and went straight to her seat. No, "Thanks mommy, I love you" or "Peace out thanks for stopping by"... NOTHING... so I went to her, which in hindsight was a mistake :) I bent down to give her a kiss and tell her that I hoped she had a good day and she looked at me to read my face. The strength was gone. I looked into that little face, who was worried about me, and had to leave immediately.

p.s. I hate to cry in front of other people!! Especially crying that is driven by strong emotion, and so I practically ran from the building. I could see the sympathy of the other parents who were surely saying "Oh she must be the mom of a kindergartner"... I made it to the car and took refuge in the private. The Hubs went with me and kept watch on the Nugget so I could leave when I needed. They were right behind me and I was a little collected by the time they made it.
Until...

The Nugget looked at me very sad like and said "Mommy where sister (which comes out more like scissor) and I lost it again... It was a tough day. But I got this poem from her teacher while running from the room:

The First Day of Kindergarten

I gave a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You've been with her for five years now
And have been a loving guide,
But now, alas the time has come
To leave her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheeks may flow
I'll love her as I would my own
And help her learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know
How quickly the years do pass
And that one day soon it will be my turn
To take my child to class.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more
For I will love her and take her in
When you leave her at my door.

F.Y.I. The 2nd day was easier, not easy, but just a little bit easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment