Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Save A Place For Me...

This post won't be about the concert. I never made it. While going to pick up Sugar Mama from school I got a phone call that my uncle, who was visiting his son that he hadn't seen in over 10 years, wasn't doing well.

When you are running in dreams, you never go anywhere... the harder you try, the more effort you exert, the slower you go. That's what it was like... they were 30 minutes away... I was stuck behind a couple dozen cars, and no one knew CPR... The paramedics were lost, and so was the phone call. No information was passed as I dropped off the kids with the Hubs and rushed over there. In route we found out there was nothing they could do...

Nothing...they...could...do. When we arrived there were several people already there. I have never been apart of something so invasive. I believe in GOD with everything I have... I couldn't have gotten through the last 2 days without him... but when they were in that apartment all I could say... think... feel...

"Leave him alone...just leave... I don't want him to be surrounded by people he doesn't know.. he'll be afraid and alone." I couldn't move from my spot because I didn't want him to be afraid or alone... he was neither of those things.. but sometimes you cannot understand the logical side of a situation. There was nothing I could do.. nothing they could do.. well who could?!? If you read this blog and you don't have a person relationship with Christ...

My family and I have been called in to a hospital, no less that a handful of times to tell us my uncle wouldn't make it out. Not only did he make it out, he walked out... but I got a phone call from him about 2 months back telling me about all the wonderful changes God had made in his life. He walked out because God saw fit to give him another chance. He is not obligated to do so. He is only obligated to convict your heart ONCE... that's it. Scott made it. His lungs do not hurt anymore, he can breathe better than he ever did here.... his kidneys will never fail him again, he will never have to carry the burdens of this life with him again.

Want to know a secret? I'm selfish and I would like him back. As I explained to Sugar Mama that Uncle Scott went to be with Jesus.. she asked if Uncle Scott would have to be there in Jesus for long? Not as long as you think and then one day we'll join him... but for now... Save a Place for me...

Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again
You know I bet it feels good to have the weight of this world off your shoulders now
I'm dreaming of the day when I'm finally there with you

Save a place for me
Save a place for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon
Save a place for me
Save some grace for me
I'll be there soon
I'll be there soon

I have asked the question why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had you here
And I wanna live my life just like you did
Make the most of my time just like you did
And I wanna make my home up in the sky
Just like you did
Oh, but until I get there
Until I get there

Matthew West-Save a Place for Me

P.S. I have the best husband in the world. He volunteered to take Sugar Mama and my 2 cousins to the concert. We let him because there was too much going on for any other adults to go. So he and my dad took 3 kids to see Justin Bieber by themselves because it meant so much to them to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment