Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Be Relevant...

This is the one place that is mine. My words are typed in this box, and some day I hope to reflect back on them with laughter and joy because those times are behind me, replaced by new and refreshing chaos. I am uninterrupted here, no one calling "Mommy" or attempting to understand what it is I am trying to say... just me and how I feel, and how those feelings relate to my life.

So here comes some honesty: I'm barely here... I have never experienced this level of irritation and frustration on daily basis in my entire adult life. After talking about stress, I prayed about it and left it behind. It knocked, rang the door bell, lingered on my porch and visits me daily. Sometimes at 1:30 a.m. when I can better spend the time sleeping... either way I'm barely here, and the barely is irritated and frustrated.

I'm going to blame it on the hormones :) and assure myself that in a couple of months I will be back to normal. See, doesn't that feel better?

So I'm barely here... I'm sharing pictures of my family, our new baby in utero, everything but what I intended this blog to be. So let's start over.
I'm Lively Situation
I'm a follower of Jesus Christ
I have a great family, a husband, 2 1/4 daughters, and one neurotic bulldog
This place is mine, to stand, and share.. let's do that.

I need to be relevant. I struggle with sharing my faith because it's a little hard to do from my home. My interaction with adults is either at school where I sit in lecture or lab, or at church where we're all sharing our faith. I read something today in the back of my bible that struck home for me. For the 17 of you who read this blog, I won't see you everyday. I can barely scrape the time and effort together to blog once a week now (which is a big source of guilt), so I won't share with you everyday, but I will share my faith, my story, my God with my children.. everyday. In my actions, my words, my works, my love, the list goes on and on.

Deuteronomy 6: 5 - 6
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children.

I won't share with you everyday, but he that lives in me will be seen here, when I make it :) but the peace I get from knowing that he will be shining from my heart to the hearts of the three wonderful little girls he's given me is enough to make up for the guilt.

I'm relevant... to Sugar Mama, Nugget Girl, and Tater Tot... For now it has to be enough.

So here is my first step.. to being here again.

Today I am Thankful for:

A place... not just any place, but this place. Where his love grows, and is shared, one heart at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment