Sunday, November 21, 2010

Babysitters...

Last night the hubs and I had an impromptu date.  My dad was coming to get our girls for an hour or so, and take them to feed the ducks.  The hubs said "Oh yeah, come on babe let's go see a movie".. the grandparents were all for the extra time :)

After our movie, I called to tell them we were on our way, where my dad says "Okay well Nugget is naked because she bathed in her chocolate ice cream".. hahaha she does wear what she eats, but why is she eating chocolate ice cream at 9:00 at night? The joys of being a grandparent :)

We talked for a few minutes and Nugget came to me and asked me to change her diaper.. An irritating request as you can imagine, since she can say "Mommy change ah my diaper" versus "Mommy I need to go potty".. I digress, as it turns out my dad. or a mysterious diaper changer, forgot to put the tape down on one side and the Nugget was soaked... her diaper bag did not have any more diapers in it.  Don't forget I said impromptu..

So we went green, or old school, whichever you prefer, and a whole lot of south on you.  We, and by we, I mean the grandparents fashioned a "cloth" diaper from a towel, and some duck tape.  

This is the fruits of that labor.. I laughed until it hurt :)


But the most important part... they were fast asleep before we got home.  And since they've decided to start sharing a bed, I thought I would share with you the sweetness of that moment :)


Today I am Thankful for: 

1. My two sweet girls, and the grandparents who wore them out.
2. The dates I share with my handsome man.
3. The break from school/work this week.  The time we are able to spend together is so wonderful!!
4. And lastly for the moments I'll share with my family on Thursday... some will be missed, other's remembered, but it'll be a moment God gave us to reflect on the blessing he has bestowed when he's already given the best one.

2 comments:

  1. That is SOOO funny!! I'm laughing out loud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it? I laughed so hard as they were putting it on her, and my dad kept saying "Ya'll pay all this money to go green when they did for free back in the 1800's".. :)

    ReplyDelete