Sunday, November 28, 2010

Decorating For Christmas...

I hope you all had a wonderfully full Thanksgiving.  Both in family and food.  I like to decorate for Christmas just as soon as Thanksgiving recovery is complete :)  We went and bought our Christmas tree on Friday and came home to decorate the rest of the house.

This is the Living Room: Before


Here are Sugar Mama and the Nugget decorating their trees.



Here is our mantle.  This is the first year I have ever had an actual mantle to hang my stockings and the hubs doesn't necessarily like it because he says I'm going to catch the stockings on fire :)


This is our tree... looking at it from here, it appears it's leaning.  Or is that just me?


My nanny, some years ago, started giving me pieces to create a Christmas village.  I've gotten several more since then and here it is this year.  It fills the bakers rack, and it gets harder and harder to find a single place to put it :)


I hope you all have as much fun decorating for Christmas as we do.  If you would like to share, I would love to see your decorations.

Today I am Thankful for: 

The CHRIST in Christmas.  I hope that we all remember to stop and think about the true reason for the season.  The king left his throne to share a manger in a town with no place for a king.  He came as a babe to grow and take the sins of the world, gave his heaven to us when we had done nothing to deserve it.  That is an amazing gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment