Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another One Gained...

On my way home today, with my sweet family, Sugar Mama asked me a question.

"Mama, what happens to a person who doesn't have Jesus living in their hearts?"

I wasn't sure exactly what she was asking.. Did she want to know what that type of person was like to the outside world, did she want to know if God let bad things happen to those people, or did she want to know the difference between heaven and hell?

I proceeded to tell her about the ways God changes us when he is invited to live in us.  We are thankful, kind, generous, gracious, etc.  The hubs interjected with "And if they ask Jesus to come and live in their hearts they can go to heaven"...

This was a concept she understands because she knows some people who have gone to live in heaven, and be alive with Jesus.  So I told her that only those who have asked Jesus to live in their heart can go to heaven.  I also asked her if she had ever asked Jesus to come and live in her heart..

She answered yes... and I asked her when and she said "When I was a baby"... I took this as a compliment because she has always been in church and had a relationship with God that she has never understood anything different :)  I told her my own salvation story and left it at that.  

Tonight as we said our prayers she said: 

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  I pray for God and Jesus to come and live in my heart"

Today this is what I am thankful for...

I'm pretty sure that counts as my five year old asking to be saved... :)

Another one has been gained, forgiven, and redeemed.  I hope you follow her big example!!

1 comment: