Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's Opposite Day..

Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to go right?  Everything you try just goes to poo in a hand basket... which would make a big ol' mess by the way.

Today was not one of those days.  

Let's take a trip back to yesterday... early evening.. about 5:00 p.m., shall we?

(You are in a dream sequence traveling back to yesterday where things twist and turn and then magically right themselves at 5:00 p.m. yesterday, in my breakfast nook :)

We attempted to have pictures taken of our smallest girl... apparently you are supposed to do this during the first 1 to 2 weeks... we are about 6 weeks off the mark :/  Any who... so our two oldest girl had been bathed, dried, curled, etc., and our smallest girl was just not having it.  She screamed almost the whole time, and bless our photographers heart!! She's pregnant.. like 2 months away from delivery pregnant and she was amazingly patient!!  However pea in a pod was still not having it, andshe got only one GREAT shot but some good one's of Sugar Mama and Nugget girl.  

The good parts came after that.  After dinner Nugget girl got down from the table and I called her name and asked her to come and get her plate from the table and put it in the sink.  She called back "okay"... I realized like 10 minutes had gone by and she still had not come back to get her plate.  I went to check on her and found that my sweet middle girl went to her bedroom, got in her bed, and went straight to sleep :)  On top of that Pea in a Pod went to sleep at 1:00 a.m. and slept until 7 this morning!!

After she woke and nursed she went right back to sleep and slept really hard!! I felt very rested this morning, an unusual feeling for sure :)  On the way to take Nugget girl to dance I had to get gas.. not my favorite errand, but especially when I have to use cash and go in to pay.. because then I have to take all the kids out when I'm by myself.  I pulled up to the station and got out to get my girls out and the owner was standing at the door helping a vendor, I never had to leave my spot :)

Nugget girl was so good today, and I've learned to time my carpool just right so that we only have to be gone for about 20 minutes as opposed to 40 and Nugget girl is ready to put herself to bed at 7:30  :)

The rest of the day was fabulous too.  We came home, did homework easily, and we did not turn the television on for the rest of the day!!  Instead they danced to Justin Bieber, dressed up, and played outside while daddy grilled steaks and baked potatoes!!

Today I am so Thankful for: 

Those days that God gives you to just give you a break and refresh your mind, and usually when you need it the most!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete