Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm A Mess... For Real..

After reading my recent post you are probably sick of all the sweet sugary perfect presentation that is my life.  It hit me right in between the eyes as I read that I do love my husband but our lives are as far from perfect as one could get.  I don't want to put the false notion out that I never have fights with my husband, or that my house is always clean, or even that my children are seriously well behaved.  

For example: At the grocery story this week I was loaded down with about 2 weeks worth of grocery catching up.  Nugget girl was walking with me and Pea in a Pod was supposed to be sleeping in her car seat.  I made it about 1/3 of the way through before Nugget girl started demanding this and that.. and then she got Pea in a Pod started.  She screams, Pea in a Pod I mean, and it sounds suspiciously like a teradyctal... And then she cries.. 
So after about 30 minutes of hearing demands and ear damaging squeals/screams I'd had enough.  As soon as I got to the car Pea in  Pod was ready to nurse... so I sat in the parking lot nursing one child while the other sat in the potty in the back... you might be a redneck if...

Another example: I hate going clothes shopping.  I do not do it often enough in the supply and demand part, but going with now 3 children is such a challenge that I do not do it.  I often get super frustrated and just walk out with nothing.  So when my husband pushes me to try on this, or try on that when I am simply defeated I get my back up.  Side Note: It is super important to me to teach my children respect.  In these moments it is so hard not to lash out, but I try to remember my children watching... Either way I usually do get a little passionate and heated when I responded.. which makes him get his back up... More importantly we're in public.. not the time to air our grievances... 

And yet another example... Here are some areas of my house that I banish from my life because my OCD and the need for organization has waged war against them.  I should warn you that they are all behind doors.. where I can close them off like the wayward pieces of my home that they are:  I present to you...


The Master Bedroom Walk-in closet...



What I wish It would look like...




Our Pantry, which is really just a closet in the laundry room... Which someday will be turned into a proper pantry.. just as soon as I figure out what to do with my washer and dryer.




Again, what I wish it looked like...




And the closet that our 2 oldest daughters share...




Wish Upon a Star...




I'm so good with the organizational, but not even friendly with the cute and stylish....


This post went on a, what I want, tangent, but you get what I'm trying to say right?  Please don't ever be misled by my love for my family into thinking that we shoot rainbows from our tushes.  We are normal and we get under each other's skin... I just rainbow it all with love :)


Today I am Thankful for: 
Mothers

No comments:

Post a Comment