Monday, May 9, 2011

Missing: My Dear Friend Sleep..

If found please return to Lively Situation!!

Today has not been a good day for me.  It started off great, and then just went to stress, stress, stress.  Sugar Mama's class had a mother's day muffins for moms event today.  This will be the items I keep for the rest of my life..
According to my sweet girl: 
I am 21 (heck yeah :)
My favorite activity: doing crafts 
And while she is at school I: miss her a lot :)
She loves me because: 
I keep her safe and I'm beautiful when I wear make-up.  This part makes me laugh because I never wear make-up... I guess this is her way of asking me to!!

Her teacher read "I Love You Forever"... Ugh, I cannot read that book to my own children at bedtime without sobbing, imagine at a mother's celebration... I totally cried :)

But today was laundry day for all 5 people and I've had no sleep therefor no energy... maybe you other mothers can tell me but Pea Pod refuses to sleep.  She nurses constantly and I'm worn down.  I don't want to put her on cereal until the doctor tells me to, but she never goes fully to sleep until 2 - 3 a.m. and she sleeps for a pretty good stretch, but when she wakes again in the morning she stays awake until she goes to bed at 2 -3 a.m.... I felt it today and so it made the rest of my day hard.  She also refuses to do anything but be held... I simply cannot hold her every moment.. and for the short time I need her to sit so I can do something else she screams bloody murder.. sigh!

She does however sleep great when the hubs is at home.. go figure.. here she is sleeping under the covers in our bed on Sunday..



Sensing that mommy needed a small break Nugget Girl decided to sneak away for a moment.  When she was quite for about 3 minutes I started to worry so I got up from nursing to search for her.  I found her in the playroom, under the train table, asleep :)



And yes her feet are propped up :)  This gave me a good laugh, which she must have also known that I needed!!  I know this phase will pass and honestly it switches... she does often sleep 6 - 8 hour stretches.. she just starts at 3 a.m. and I have to be up at 6.  It's a little hairy scary right now and I could use a really good nap ;)

Today I am Thankful for: 

Fresh, clean babies who smell so sweet and look so sleepy.  Innocence in a bath towel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment