Friday, May 20, 2011

ROADTRIP...

This time last week we were headed to Destin Florida.  It was the first time we have ever taken a weekend trip with our small children and it was incredibly hard, although if I had it to do over, I probably would. :)


Sugar Mama held strong with being terrified of the ocean waves, while Nugget girl was introduced for the 2nd time, loving it much more than the first.  She was fearless, so much that we had to keep our eyes on her even more than usual.  When we arrived it was storming.  So we unloaded and when a break came we took them to see the ocean for a short time, until the storm came back :)

The next day is was beautiful weather!!


Our little sweet pea was not having it at first, but when she got comfortable she took a nice long snooze on the beach.

 All of the children decided to bury the Husband and my brother.  We later made them into mermen :)


We had a wonderful day at the beach and enjoyed a great dinner as a family that night.  We went back to our beach house and laughed together at the dumbest things, but simply enjoyed being together.  The next day we made sure to get at least one family shot. 


I feel like we are still recovering a week later :)  But we've had some firsts going on.  For instance our little sweet pea laughed for the very first time, turned a whopping four months old, and had her very first taste of baby food!!


Here she is showing off her monkey hat...


And then Bananas!!

I am so sad to say that the hand feeding her is not mine.  I was at a cheer leading thing with Sugar Mama last night.  And after the horrible day I had yesterday, knowing this, it sort of sent me over the edge this morning.  I do not, for any situation, want to miss out on the firsts of my children's lives.  But selfishly I also cannot wait to begin/finish my school career for me.  

Most of all, I just love that she ate like a champ.  The husband fed her 1/2 a stage one jar of bananas and 5 oz. bottle of breast milk.  She was awake when I came home, and nursed for about 30 minutes and then slept for 11 hours!! I cannot tell you how much I needed that.  The night before we racked up only 2 hours of sleep.  It makes me grouchy.  Plus baby food and rice cereal will give her tummy something to hold onto and maybe she'll start taking naps and sleeping through the night more.  

Today I am Thankful for: 

So many things, but for the open and honest conversations I can have with my husband and the heartfelt sincere words he gives when I need them most.  Sometimes we sacrifice, and sometimes others sacrifice for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment