Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Most Days..

I live in a bubble.

I do not watch the news because that much sadness will depress my spirit.

I surround myself with positive God loving people who treat others well.

I spend all day long with 3 innocent little girls who know nothing of hate, insecurity, jealousy, retaliation, etc, so my mind and spirit stay clear that way too.

But sometimes the ugly invades from places that don't preface it.  For instance in a blog, that a woman has graciously written to chronicle the lives of her children so she can one day look back and remember the fleeting moment when her children were hers alone and small enough to need her for anything. 

Kelly Stamps shares, with tens of thousands of people everyday, and yet someone had the audacity to speak ill of her children because they were jealous.  My reaction was so instantaneous I was shaking.  

You can say what you want about me, I'm a big girl and I can take it, but if someone EVER and I mean EVER said those things about my husband and children there would be mountains of prayers needed to leash the anger.. I'm just saying. 

That person burst my bubble and quite frankly I won't stand for it.  So there's that..

This week has been an insanely busy week for me.  I have a test on Thursday that is super important and I have holed myself and children up in the house studying about 6 chapters worth of material.. yeesh!!

But today I got the benefit of taking my 2 oldest girls to the dentist.  Sugar Mama is an old pro but this was Nugget girl's first visit.  Of course I had to take them by myself and of course I borrowed trouble for no good reason because they both did beautifully.  

I swear sometimes I ask myself how I got such awesome kids, well during those times they aren't fighting and aggravating the tar out of me and each other :)


I didn't get one of Sugar Mama because our new dentist suggest that patients 4 and over are old enough to go back and be cleaned by themselves.. I'm still trying to decide if I like that or not...

But we received good news that we are brushing great and we have no cavities.  It is so rewarding for a perfect stranger to acknowledge all the hard work put into flossing and brushing baby teeth.. just saying :)

And lastly, the girls and I found this last week when we noticed a mama bird taking various things from our yard...


These make me so happy and remind me that life inside my bubble is just fine :)

Today I am Thankful for: 

The little nudge that reminded me to keep my cool today when I really, and I mean really wanted to lose it.  You can be angry and sin not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment