Sunday, July 10, 2011

Home Sweet Home..

So.. No blogging for me this week because Lively Situation went on vacation and didn't tell anyone because we thought it would be safer that way :)

Here are the highlights from our wonderful week!!

We left last Saturday.  We had to be at the airport at 8 for our flight that left at 11.  We made it at 9 and had just enough time to let everyone use the restroom at the gate before boarding 



As usual I worried for absolutely nothing because all 3 of my girls did beautifully.  I was so worked up that I had my stomach all in knots... here we are so excited to be heading to Las Vegas!!

It was a 4 hour flight and with the gain of 3 hours we actually arrived in Las Vegas at 12:30.  We headed out to stretch our legs and go to M&M's World.  We eventually walked about 2 miles because it looked much closer than it actually was... But along the way you can meet some very interesting characters...



These were the most kid friendly :)  
So we shopped at M&M World, wised up and rode the bus back to our hotel and had some dinner.  Our girls were wound up and I had to turn the lights out and tv off before they would lie still and go to sleep!! :)

Sunday we headed out to California to hang out with some of the Husbands family on the river..




Hello?  How awesome is this picture?!?  Just sayin' :)
So what you should know about the river is that on this particular day the temperature was 122 degrees, seriously, and despite the heat the water was so cold it could send you into shock!! But kids are resilient and they loved it.  

Monday was the Fourth of July and the day we headed to Arizona/Nevada to our resort on the Colorado River...


Happy 4th to Uncle Topher who is still in basic training, learning to fight for our freedom.  We are more proud than words can say!!

Tuesday We spent most of our time at the river.  The resort has a private beach with large cabanas that are free if you are up early enough to snag one.  So the husband and I took turns relaxing under the shade with Sweet Pea and shocking our systems in the freezing water while playing with our girls..


This one has the life... she sat in the shade almost all day, while a small fan kept her cool :)
The girls swam just enough to exhaust them and help them fall asleep easily :)

Wednesday we spent all day at the Grandparents house.  They are the reason this blog thing started, besides a journal of sorts.  They get to see our girls grow up from 3,000 miles away.  The Husband's family kept telling me how much Grandpa enjoys reading and secretly (well not so secretly now) I was thrilled.  It means a lot to me.  

So here is Grandpa doing the thing he swears he doesn't do... Hold babies :)


And Grandma with Sugar Mama...



I couldn't get one with the grandparents and Nugget girl.  She was too busy destroying things in their house... seriously :)
I know that my girls love them so much because they were generous with their hugs and sugars.  I cannot really explain it, but getting to see the Husband's grandparents made me super emotional.  When we said goodbye to them at the end of the week I had to choke back tears in the car... they have always been so kind to me even though they've spent so little time with me.  It's a gift, one I do not take for granted. 
Grandma even made us spaghetti!! :)

Thursday we spent all day back at the beach.  Only this time we decided to kick it up a notch and rent a Seadoo.  I really wanted to do this because I love riding on the water but I'm not brave enough to do it in the ocean... I just know a shark will eat me.  But also this meant the girls could go too.  So we rented one for the day and spent hours taking turns. 



This is one of my favorite pictures and it simply will not load rotated the proper way.  So turn your computers side ways and enjoy :)


Friday morning we had to leave the resort and head back to Vegas so we could leave for home on Saturday.  What a view.. it is beautiful there.  The heat and dust makes me not want to live there but you can see God's hand in the beauty of the land




As soon as we got back to Vegas we headed out to explore.  And once again we make dreams come true :)



Nugget girl was stunned beyond words.  Oh to be so young :)


So I love the show Pawn Stars on the History channel.  I decided we were absolutely going to see this place and meet those people.  We hopped on a bus and went in search.  Finding it was a breeze.  Let me just say, what a disappointment.  We get there only to find out that they only come in to film the show now and it was so touristy.. is that a word?  Anyways the whole shop was about selling Pawn Stars stuff... I felt like a kid who just realized there was a person in that costume and it wasn't Mickey at all... I was so disappointed with it that I told the husband I may never watch the show again.


After we got back on the bus, got stuck in a serious traffic jam, got off the bus to beat it to the next bus stop, got stuck a down pour, in the desert where it never rains, got passed by the bus, hopped back on the bus to be told there was no more room, eventually walking 2 miles to get back to the hotel with sweet pea attached to my front.  Going to that pawn shop was seriously not worth it :/


But we had to leave yesterday and leaving was as peaceful as coming if you don't count the shouts of "NO!!!" when I told them we were coming home :)


My view: 




Among these is where I know my Nanny and Uncle Scott live.  Well not these exactly that's dangerous, but up high with God, and all those wonderful things Sugar Mama said.


We're home now and trying to re-adjust to our time change... what a doozie!!  But life goes back to normal tonight and that may be the reason for the irritation that simmers just under my skin :)


Today I am Thankful for: 


This past week.  It was so wonderful to spend all that time with my family, husband included who is normally sleeping when the fun things happen.  And for the opportunity for my girls to meet Grandma and Grandpa.  It holds a very special place in my heart.  Thank you God for those memories. 

2 comments:

  1. *~You know who~*July 10, 2011

    AWESOME post! :)))
    Of course i LOVE the pictures! And the funny stories!
    And...to bad about the Pawn shop but i have to admit...i laughed... lol
    Im SO glad that ya'll had a good time! :)))
    *Heather*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I've ruined it for everyone, they don't want to watch the show either. :) But it's always a Lively Situation ;)

    ReplyDelete