Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy 2012..

In a few short hours we will leave 2011 behind.. going straight into 2012.  

I say.. Good Riddance.  

This has not been my year.. for so many reasons but first I want to list the things I am thankful for in 2011:

1. My sweet butterball turkey.  She is so much fun, and such a complete mix of her sisters that she is constantly making me work and laugh simultaneously.  She has been a great addition to our family.

2. 7 years of marriage.  I've always heard of the seven year itch and we officially made it through it.  This has been the hardest year of our marriage so far.  Between his work schedule and having 3 kids to myself there were times I wondered where our lives were going.
We're moving to year 8 and I'm thankful for that.

3. Vacation time: We spent time with Grandma and Grandpa, I got to visit my brother at his graduation and we went to the most magical place on earth.  We normally don't get one.. I got three :)

4. My discipleship group.  It's important to have women you can talk to on a spiritual level and they are some of the best women I know; I love all of them.

For 2012: 

I want to live a different life.  I am complacent in a lot of areas and I'm hoping God sees fit to change that.  I want to make a great impact.  Love deeper and more freely, even if I'm tired and unsure if I have it left.  I want to give.. freely and abundantly.  I pray God gives me the direction for that giving.  I want to continue the 30 x 30.  I want to turn 30 and not feel as though the years are slipping by... I want to continue to show my 3 sweet girls that love, honesty, kindness is where it's at and God is where you can find it.  I want to spend more time in meditation, prayer, and studying.  

In short I wish you a Happy and Blessed New Year.  I hope you have had many wonderful things to be thankful for and that 2012 brings you many blessings and great happiness. 

Today I am Thankful for: 
The ability to see the old year go.. and recall the good/bad things that happened.. so I could rejoice and be thankful.  And a new year that rolls around.  God keeps our lives going forward and it's a blessing to see the next sunrise he provides.  

No comments:

Post a Comment