Sunday, December 4, 2011

In His Likeness...


This unfortunate soul, the one sporting the N*SYNC t-shirt with pride, is ME!!  This was so many years ago.. let's see I was a junior in high school, so that makes it... 13 years ago.  (sigh)

Oh, I was so skinny then.  I cheered, 6 days a week, 2 hours a day.. tumbled, conditioned a lot.  That was before I had a husband, or kids, or a glimpse into the real world.  I don't miss that time, but I sure do miss that number on the scale.

I look at those times and think if I could take ONE thing and bring it to the present the body I had then would so be it.


This is me now.  I've been married for almost 8 years, I've had 3 children in the past 6 years,  and I've stayed at home with all 3.  When I go to the doctor I am sad to admit that I have to answer no when they ask me if I exercise.  Well, until recently.. I've lost 6 pounds since I wrote the 30 x 30 list.  I struggle with self esteem issues with my weight EVERY DAY.  

Today I sat and listened to my pastor talk about looking in the mirror and recognizing that life was at it's happiest when the world depended, trusted in God for everything.  When our relationship with him was more than enough.  I, You, We were made in his image and when I focus on anything other than my relationship with him as he sees me, then I cheat my relationship with him.

This is not to say that when I wake up tomorrow I will be excited that I have not lost the baby weight from Sugar Mama.. or the weight I originally lost before Butterball Turkey was born.. but it did remind me that my life will be so much better, happier, more peaceful, less insecure when I remember that life is at it's best when I focus on him and look to him to pave the way for my self image.  

It's pretty special to be modeled after the savior of the world...

Today I am Thankful for: 

A true reflection.  I can look into the mirror and see what I want to see, good or bad.. but because of his gift I can also see his light shining and that's worth being thankful for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment