Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Salad

Nothing particularly exciting happened this weekend so I thought I'd share all of the recent photos that didn't find a home in recent posts. 

Here is my smallest girl sporting her adorable coat and hat she received as a Christmas present from the twin. 


My Nugget girl.  She was giving some sweet hugs and sugars because she wasn't feeling very well.  Notice the red nose.  But she's all better now :)


My Smallest girl wearing a chocolate smile.  When we go to the store, if my children are good listeners we allow them to pick a prize.  It's usually chocolate and this sweet face was no exception.  For note this is what happens when you allow a 1 year old to eat chocolate in her car seat :)


This little Sugar Mama likes to climb in my bed very stealth like.  Usually she sleeps at the foot of the bed, crawling under the comforter folded at the end.  This morning she was just lying in my bed like she owned the place.  It's weird to go to bed alone and wake up with a partner.. even if it is my own children.  Also important to note: the light on the camera of my blackberry is BLINDING.. she was dead asleep before I took this. 



This partial rainbow was in the sky on a day when I could really use it.  They make me happy because I know they are from God.  Seeing it is so peaceful, just a little friendly reminder that God keeps his promises... always. 



Speaking of things that make me happy.. these are what I call Amish cookies.  I call them that because the recipe came from a series of Christian Amish books that I was an avid reader of.  They are so good that when I make them I have to make lots.  I recently shared the recipe with a co-worker of the husband... not with a giving heart :)  But I don't share my secrets to making them awesome.  


Today I am Thankful for: 

The sweet Valentines Projects of my two oldest girls over the weekend.  

The love and happiness I inspire in my smallest girl, despite the fact that she calls anything and everyone "Daddy".

My husband.  How in the world did I end up with such an amazing man?  Don't get me wrong sometimes I simply want to poke him in the eyes he annoys me so, but mostly he is my safe haven and my life would not be the same without him. 

I openly, with freedom, walked in my church this morning.  I am able to raise my hands, sing praise and learn without persecution.  May the Lord keep my heart seeking him knowing that others will die just trying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment