Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beyond Words...

I haven't blogged a lot this week because I've been under more stress in the past 7 days than ever before in my life.  Period.  The end.  

Here's the thing.  I've been keeping a secret.

NO!! I am NOT Pregnant :)

But this was me almost 2 months ago: 


After my devastating turn here. I gave it another shot.

For 2 months I have waited, and waited.  I've gone to the mailbox so nervous, I was convinced that I wouldn't make the trip back without being sick.  When I heard the mail truck come around everyday I'd run and look to see if there was any news.  Thursday I was so convinced I would know something, that when nothing came I was physically ill.  

It has been the most stressful week of my life. 

Today, I got this.  Go ahead read it, I'll wait. 


O. M. Geeeeeeee this ladies and gentleman is my acceptance letter to the nursing program!!!!!! I start in August.

I opened that mailbox today, without knowing if the mail had actually ran, and there sat a cream colored envelope with the logo for my school.  Immediately I started to shake.  I was either going to get in, or be wait listed.  I asked Sugar Mama to hold the other 2 pieces of mail (the most insignificant pieces ever :) and opened the envelope as I walked back to my house.

In my mind this played out like: I would calmly stand at the mailbox and open it, be excited and walk back in and be excited with my husband.

It actually happened like this: I opened the envelope read only the words congratulations, acceptance, fall 2012, I turned and said to Sugar Mama "Mommy got into the nursing program" where she immediately ran and gave me a hug (treasured moment) and then we sprinted to the house (I haven't ran that fast in a great many years)
I threw open the screen door and screamed "Babe, I got it!! I got in!!."  He jumped and twirled with me and then I called Mama J.  My husband and I shed a few happy tears together and then I shouted from the roof tops to anyone who would listen.

P.S. This is a really bad time to be off of facebook :/

I've been so happy all day.  I feel like that silly cliche that says "Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life".. only for me it's totally true.  Life will change so much in a couple of months and while I am anxious over the change the joy I feel over this moment, this day of my life I am content in knowing that God has always had it and will do  just fine without my interference from here.

So there you go ladies and gentlemen, this girl, she's going to school to be a nurse.

Isn't that so flippin' awesome?!?

Today I am Thankful for: 

The reminder that he always saw this.  He knows my life all the way to the end but he still gave me this moment of recognition in how hard the past 4 years have been and how much it's absolutely worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment