Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's That Time Again..

I've just noticed that it's been two weeks since I last wrote a blog.
It's just that time again.
For the past year I've been at home with all 3 girls, happy to take pictures and write about their daily happenings, and I find myself, now back in school and having trouble keeping up.
We're officially in Summer mode, which means sleeping in, NOT going to bed at 7:30, eating things for breakfast that don't jump start our brain, etc.
But for me it also means actually going to school, studying material, and having to take tests.. 

I looked through my blackberry pictures and only found 2 of Kj that I took when she ate smores last week.

Terrible isn't it?

On another note, as I was reading for Interactive Communications today I learned about Self-fulfilling Prophecy...

If you, or someone else repetitively tells you something.. it comes true.

If I were to tell my 3 girls that they are exceptionally bright, they would do better in school.  Consequently if I were to tell them over and over that they were not smart, and would not do well in school, that would come true as well.

How odd that for the past 3 months I have been saying how Hard, Chaotic, and Stressful school will be in the fall.. but if I continue to think that.. of course it will be.  

I will be busy when school starts.. that's not prophecy, that's reality.  But how I handle the stress will make all the difference.  Perhaps I should write on my mirror, where I will see it everyday 

"You will be able to handle school.  You can do it"...

And maybe, just maybe I will.  It would probably also help if everyone who found out I was going to school in the fall didn't say
"Oh, how will you do that?  Nursing school is so hard, and you have 3 kids".. 

Really?  I hadn't noticed that third kid, glad you mentioned it, or I would have believed for a second I could do it.. Blah!!

So I'm not blogging well right now, but it's not because I'm going to be really busy in the fall, it's because I'm really busy now :)

Today I am Thankful for: 

God's Self-fulfilling prophecy.  He told me more than 2,000 years ago that with him I could do ANYTHING... and he reminds me everyday.  And if he says it, you know it's true.. Don't believe me?  Read Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment