Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Vacation: Week 2

Week 2 of Summer Vacation!! I am not surprised to find the days flying by, and myself wondering on Friday's where the week went.  

Monday we did a lot of catching up.  Because we love spending time with the husband, not a lot gets done on the weekends, like grocery shopping etc. 

Tuesday was bird feeder day!! We followed this tutorial.  Lots of fun to make, but they did not hold up well when we tried to hang them from the trees. 




Next, we decided to try to plant the bulbs that we found at Walmart for $3.  It was a success.  I gave them each their own biodegradable pot, some soil and we planted some fragrant lillies, hoping we can add them to our flower bed next Spring. 


Thursday is Summer Reading Program.  I take all of my girls to the library, and Olivia participates in the craft, while Addison and Kinley read, color, do puzzles, etc. 

Here is Adis and Kj with Paiges the Turtle, this is their favorite part!! 


After our story time we went for a little froyo on such a hot day.  We were heading to pick up our daddy!! 


On Friday we went with the husband to finally cash in his Skydiving Gift Certificate!! We bought this for him for Father's Day/Birthday combo, 2 years ago!! 

We had to leave the house by 6 am to get there on time, so I had some snoozing babies in the car.


We had a LONG wait so we did what all girls do.. we caught frogs :) We literally spent 8 hours at this sky diving center, and by the end I was asking myself why I agreed to sit that long with 3 active girls.  But, after the husband came back from the jump I knew we had made the right decision. 



Grandpa you can watch the jump video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLlw4x9FS3g&feature=youtu.be

On Saturday we celebrated Olivia's 8th birthday.  I cannot believe this girl is 8!!!! She wanted her birthday at a skating rink, and I can say without a doubt that it was the best money we have ever spent.  She said over and over again "This is the best day of my life!!" 





And then of course Father's day!! We gave our daddy some cologne and cute movie basket, but we didn't take any pictures because somehow I think the husband would not appreciate the "first thing waking up photo ops" :)

We made these for our Pawpaw and Pawpaw D!! 

And after considerable drying time, I think about 4 days, we decided to hang our bird feeders, they fell apart the moment we hung them.  I have no idea what went wrong... 


Week 2 was a success, the husband even said that this was one of the best weekends of his life.  I guess this girl can give herself a pat on the back!! :)

Love to you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment